Yoruba Elders condemn burning of Sarkin Fulani’s residence

Yoruba Elders condemn burning of Sarkin Fulani’s residence

Yoruba Elders condemn burning of Sarkin Fulani’s residence

Elders in the South West under the aegis of Coalition of Oduduwa Elders have condemned Friday’s attack on Sarkin Fulani in Oyo State, Alhaji Salihu AbdulKadir and his family, where houses and 11 cars were burnt and livestock killed.
The elders, who stated their opposition to the action, attributed it to some criminals, led by a secessionist, Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho, and said the development was inimical to the country’s unity, which they stand for.

Expressing shock that such ugly development could happen in Yoruba land, which they noted had been at the forefront of a united Nigeria, the elders tasked security agencies to immediately swing into action to arrest the culprits, so they can face the wrath of the country’s law.

In the statement signed in Abuja, yesterday, by the National Coordinator, Dr. Tunde Aremu, and National Secretary, Barr. (Mrs.) Folake Ajasin, respectively, the elders said the action did not represent the Yoruba people.

The statement partly read: “We received with utmost shock and disbelief the burning down of the residence of Sarkin Fulani, Oyo State, his livestock and 11 cars, by some suspected criminals in Yoruba land, allegedly instigated by one Sunday Adeyemo, otherwise known as Igboho. This action is unacceptable to us. It is criminal, barbaric, and uncivilized, and we call for the immediate arrest and prosecution of Sunday Igboho and all the perpetrators of this dastardly and unwarranted act.

“While we acknowledge the criminal activities of some suspected Fulani herdsmen in the state, we must state that the attack of the Sarkin Fulani Oyo is madness taken too far.

“The Sarkin Fulani has lived in Oyo State for a very long time and has been known to be very peaceful. He has spoken publicly and privately against the criminal activities of some of their deviant youths and tasked security agencies to go after them. The Sarkin Fulani Oyo deserves commendation for his actions against the few criminals masquerading as herdsmen in Oyo and not this kind of evil and injustice meted on him by some criminals in our region…

“We call on our Fulani and Northern brothers not to see this as an act of Yoruba people, but a clear act of criminality perpetrated by some misguided youths that will be brought to book in no time…”

Comments (9)

• cheap flights Reply

Hey there! I simply would like to offer you a huge
    thumbs up for the great information you’ve
    got right here on this post. I’ll be returning to your blog for more soon.

January 31, 2021 at 9:11 am
  • cheap flights Reply

Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with
    afterward you can write or else it is complex to write.

February 1, 2021 at 7:34 am
  • cheap flights Reply

I relish, result in I found exactly what I used to be having a look for.

You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a nice day. Bye

February 1, 2021 at 6:56 pm
  • http://tinyurl.com Reply

This text is invaluable. How can I find out more?

February 2, 2021 at 1:49 pm
  • cheap flights Reply

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based on the same information you discuss and
    would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my readers would value your work.
    If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me
    an email.

February 2, 2021 at 2:02 pm
  • cheap flights Reply

I am no longer certain the place you’re getting your information, however good topic.
    I must spend some time studying much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for magnificent info I used to be in search of this
    info for my mission.

February 2, 2021 at 2:12 pm
  • http://tinyurl.com Reply

Helpful info. Lucky me I discovered your website accidentally, and I’m
    surprised why this twist of fate did not took place earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

February 3, 2021 at 9:48 am
  • zortilonrel Reply

What i do not realize is in reality how you are not really much more neatly-favored than you might be now. You’re so intelligent. You understand therefore considerably when it comes to this matter, produced me in my opinion consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t involved except it is something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs great. All the time handle it up!

February 8, 2021 at 3:18 am
  • tinyurl.com Reply

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your website?
    My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would truly benefit from
    a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
    Regards!